26 Ağustos 2013 Pazartesi

Vulnerability

Talking to a friend, I said from now on I want to be logical with a hint of hope, because I have done hope with a bit of hint of logic for years and I have failed in terms of usual life success measurements we know. I am 31, single, not hopeful to be married or have kids in my targeted age. It is scary, I did not know it would come so quickly, I want to stop worrying because I am happy with what I have, only if I would not worry about imagining myself alone when I am 45. I don't know why it happens this way but its worrisome after fun years in 20s, suddenly you become 30, and you find yourself kinda alone while everybody is getting married and having kids. It becomes like a competition and you are behind if you have no hope, no bf by this age. It is quite weird!

I luv Brene Brown's TED talk, one of my favorites. She says "we want to make uncertain certain". I do. But many good things she says.

“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”

“You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” 

"Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves."

“We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.” 

“Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.” 


Hiç yorum yok: