20 Ağustos 2013 Salı

Neuroscience

I was never into neuroscience, till recently I have started working on neurotoxicity. It is an incredible field, like so many other topics but somehow a little bit more excitement and interest in it. It could be because I am new to the subject and there are a lot to learn.

Apart from that, I always luved physiological experiments, relating human behaviors to hormones and neurotransmitters. It could be because I want no quilt on my side and always wanna blame the hormones or my brain :) Similar to what I wrote yesterday, here is another research.

Here is the neurologist who gives the information. How fun he looks :) Like in one of the cartoons where a red long hair guy try to hunt a bird, I totally dont remember the name of the cartoon but I have the image in my mind.



Anyways, so adult rats are used in this research. They apply light to observe day and night difference in neurotransmitters in the brain. And in the darker they showed lower dopamine, like people in the winter time. Their anxiety and confidence depend on neurotransmitters. So behaivoral changes were observed based on neurotransmitter switches. Quite interesting!

Hiç yorum yok: